Friday, May 23, 2014

Walking Dead tribute

I've been a fan of the show since the beginning. I'm not really into the zombie thing, especially the gore, but I seem to love shows/movies that have a post-apocalyptic theme. Some of my favorites have been, Waterworld (I know, but I liked it), The Book of Eli, Oblivion, The Omega Man to name a few. I love the survival aspect of these shows, how the characters adapt to their new world. Years ago I read Jon Krakauer's "Into Thin Air" and really loved it. Also a while back I read Cormac McCarthy's "The Road" and enjoyed most of it… That book cover is spot on… just solid black. If you get a chance, check out these titles if you are into survivalist type themes.

Below is the "Walking Dead" tribute art I created as a personal work. The model is Scott B. Very nice guy and really looks the part. I shot him in my humble garage photo studio against a gray background then composed the shot in Photoshop. I had to dirty him up a bit and added some tears to the clothes. I really loved his boots. He is a fan of the show as well and will be auditioning for a part for the new season- I hope he gets it. Also below is the original photo out of the camera.








No comments:

Post a Comment